February 4, 2014

January Favorites

Hello lovelies! I really can't believe how quickly January has flown by! Lots of things happened this month such as I completed my first Whole30, classes started back and a few other things that I'll be sharing soon! As far beauty goes this month was getting back to the basics for me. Getting into a routine and using those products that just make life a little easier. 



 
So for starters I have been really liking the Smashbox primer in clear and this is my first ever primer and I can't believe I went this long without trying it. I'm really loving how smooth it makes my skin and how small my pores look! Secondly I have my first ever M.A.C purchase (I know..) and it's the ever so famous ( and rightfully so) Painterly Paint Pot 
I've been using this as a shadow base, but I also discovered it makes a nice under concealer base. I usually apply a little under my eyes to help even out my dark circles and then I apply my concealer over  it. 

Thirdly I have been on the endless hunt for the perfect dry shampoo and though I'm not there yet I am really liking the Dove Refresh + Care invigorating Dry Shampoo. I try not to make a habit of using dry shampoo, but you know those days where you wake up and either have no time or it's just too darn cold to shower? Yeah, bring in the dry shampoo! Plus this one to me doesn't feel "sticky" and it has a pretty nice scent - so it doesn't eave you smelling like a wall of hair product. Also for hair products I've been loving the Tresemme Keratin Infusing Heat Protection and Shine Spray 
the name is pretty self explanatory and it really does make hair shiny - I'm thinking of trying the matching shampoo and conditioner next for a nice trio. 
The fourth thing I'm loving are the Simple Radiance Facial Wipes and these are some of the BEST facial wipes I've ever used. Really I like all the Simple products because I have had sensitive skin reactions to other brands and so far so good with these. They are gentle around the eyes and leave my skin feeling refreshed and clean. And last but not least I'm once again raving about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - I'm pretty sure I talked about these and the facial wipes in my September Favorites, oops! sorry for the repeat, but hey if the product is that good then why not talk about over and over? But seriously, these are amazing - These have just the right amount of color and balm all in one that you can just grab and go for the day. 

T Here they are swatches (Left to right) Revlon Lip Balm in Sweetheart Valentine, Revlon Lip Balm in Precious, M.A.C Painterly Paint Pot. 
 Thanks for reading - Hillary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!